No educational institution can sustain itself without research and development. Every national wealth growth is dependent on this. R&D must be the backbone of educational organizations. Sahrdaya has already laid its foundation with IEDC for student research and RDC for faculty research.
Center for Research and Development commonly known as RDC supports R&D activities around the campus especially among faculty members. A dedicated RDC council has been constituted for monitoring several progresses in this direction. RDC council under the able guidance of joint director as chief coordinator comprises of RDC coordinator, secretary and focus group heads leading research groups in 6 different thrust areas of technology.
The thrust area comprises of
- Cell Biology
- Signal Processing, Communication & Power systems
- Medical Imaging
- Computer Science
- Waste management and Engineering
The activities carried out by council includes establishment of research labs, encouraging and offering guidance to R&D activities among faculty, periodic monitoring of funded projects and follow-up of award winning student projects and promote it to funded research projects guided by the same faculty.
RDC is thus striving in bringing up several research centers at Sahrdaya and one of our achievement is that the college has been recognized as a SIRO ( Scientific and Industrial research Organization) under DSIR (department of Scientific and Industrial Research ) which comes under Dept of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Achievments of RDC
NODAL CENTRE -
Our college has been selected for VALUE (Virtual Amrita Laboratories Universalizing Education) Virtual Lab under MHRD nodal centre program. The coordinators are Dr Dhanya Gangadharan (BTE) and Dr Yuvaraj (BME)
- Guide ship - Dr.Nixon Kurivila, Principal and Dr. Vijikala V, Associate Professor of EEE department were granted guide ship under APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
- PhD registration - External candidates
- Ms. Sumi Maria Babu got registered as full time PhD student under KTU in the Department of Biotechnology Engineering under the guidance of Dr Leon Ittiachen.
- Ms Chaithanya das KV got registered as full time PhD student under KTU in the Department of Electronics and Communications under the guidance of Dr. Gnana King
- PhD registration - Internal candidates
- Ms. Drisya K Sasi, Asst. Prof of EEE department got selected for Ph.D as part time scholar under APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
- Ms Salini PJ, Asst. Prof of BTE, Ms Remya and Ms Reshma Antony of CE registered as part time PhD scholars in CUSAT
- Ms. Ann Rija Paul, Ms. Deepa Devassy, Ms. Priya K V, Ms. Soumya Varma, Ms.Roshni R Menon, Ms. Divya R, Ms. Shyam Krishna K Asst. Professors, CSE department joined as part time PhD scholars in Karunya University
- Dr Sukhila was awarded with Doctoral degree from Uthkal University, Orissa
- Amitha Joy successfully completed her PhD open defence in Bharathiar University in November 2018.
- Dr. Rajeswari (CSE), Dr Gnana King (ECE) and Dr. Uma Krishnakumar (BTE) submitted research proposals under the Research Promotion Scheme (RPS) of AICTE Quality Improvement Program (AQIS)- 2018-19.
- Proposals were submitted under Short Term Training Program (STTP) of AQIS – 2018-19 by Dr. Ambili Mechoor (BTE), Dr. Arun Thomas (ECE), Dr Vijikala V (EEE), Mr. Kiran (BME) and Dr. Satheesh (CSE)
- Technical Transactions 2018
- Compilation of Project reports of 2017 pass out batch and faculty publications during the year 2017-18 was published by the individual departments. It was released on November 28th 2018 by Rev Fr George Pareman, Executive Director and received by the HOD's of each department.
- Ranimol G, Thulasi Venugopal, Shiji Gopalakrishnan, Swetha Sunkar. “Production of laccase from Trichoderma harzianum and its application in dye decolourisation” Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 16(2018) 400-404.
- M. Rajeswari, Deepa Devassy, Priya K.V, Divya R and Jasmy Davis. Vehicular Trusted Authority Centre to disseminate the traffic alert message using UGFT – Universal Generating Function Technique, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 16 2018, 997-1005. SCOPUS INDEXED.
- M Rajeswari, Krishna das J. Survey on Misbehavior Detection systems in Wireless AdHoc Networks, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJARTET), Vol. 5, Issue 3, March 2018, ISSN 2394-3777 (Print), ISSN 2394-3785 (Online)
- M. Rajeswari. Survey on Data Dissemination Process Using Routing Protocols in MANET and VANET", Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, 15-Special Issue, October 2017, SCOPUS INDEXED.
- R Sunder. Edge Aware Histogram Modification for High Capacity Reversible Data Hiding”, in International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No.18,2018
- G R Gnana King. A Prototype Design of RFID Centered Hi-Tech Toll Assortment Plaza” in the Mediterranean Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (MJBAS), Volume 2, Issue 4, Pages 39-44, Oct-Dec 2018.
- G R Gnana King. Combining Trust with Authentication Information for Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks” in the International Journal of Scientific Research in Network Security and Communication, Vol.6, Issue.5, pp.38-46, 2018.
REVIEWER AND EDITORIAL BOARD
- Dr. Vishnu Rajan, HOD ECE got selected as the editorial board member for 2 UGC approved journals-JETIR and IJARTET
- Dr. R. Satheesh Kumar is a Regular Reviewer of “Egyptian Informatics Journal Production and Hosting” by Elsevier B.V. on behalf of the Faculty of Computers and Information, Cairo University. ISSN: 1110-8665; “The Journal of Super Computing”, An International Journal of High-Performance Computer Design, Analysis, and Use. ISSN: 0920-8542; 1573-0484 and “Multimedia Tools and Applications”, An International Journal. ISSN: 1380-7501(print version) ISSN: 1573-7721
- Dr. R. Satheesh Kumar received an award titled "Innovative Research and Dedicated Academician Award-2018"from Innovative Scientific Research Professional Malaysia