Department of Applied Science & Humanities has access to all streams of students irrespective of their branch of specialization. The department helps them in moulding the right attitude towards Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and English . It also imparts training in life skills such as communication skills, soft skills and personality development skills so that the students can face the challenges of the changing world with confidence.
Each discipline the department undertake has its own lab with the latest equipment and software. The department is equipped with competent and enthusiastic faculty members ready to adapt themselves with the rapidly changing technical world .
Dr. Ajith Cheriyan
Vice Principal & Head of the Department
|Sl. No||Faculty Name||No. of papers||Title of the Paper||Journal Details|
|1||NIXON KURUVILA||1||“Parametric Influence and Optimization of Wire-EDM on Hot Die Steel”||Dr. Nixon Kuruvila presented a paper titled “Parametric Influence and Optimization of Wire-EDM on Hot Die Steel” at International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Technology Management. held on April 7-9,2017, Organized by Texas University, USA|
|2||JEMCY ANTONY||Text Book On Differential Equations||“DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS” is a book written based on the syllabus of K.T.U for first year second semester B.Tech students of Kerala.This book is strictly adhered to the syllabus and deal the topic in a simple style without sacrificing the depth and vastness. A number of problems are worked out from each chapter for the better understanding of each topic and for development of application skill.|
|3||V.S.NITHYADAS||Text Book on ENGINEERING PHYSICS||“Engineering Physics” (Revised edition of July 2016) is a book written based on the syllabus of K.T.U for first year B.Tech students of Kerala.This book is strictly adhered to the syllabus and deal the topic in a simple and lucid style without sacrificing the depth and vastness. A number of problems are worked out at the end of each chapter for the better understanding of each topic and for development of application skill. Unsolved problems are also included for the students to practice.|
|4||MATHEWS V JOHN||1||Effect of OEM and After market air filter on vehicle parameters .||Mr. Mathews V J presented a paper on Effect of OEM and After market air filter on vehicle parameters at ICETEST -2015 held at GEC, Thrissur.|
|5||NIXON KURUVILA||1||Mechanical, Automotive and Materials Engineering|
Dr. Nixon Kuruvila presented a paper in 13th International Conference on Mechanical Automotive and Materials Engineering organized by the world Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology at Berlin, Germany on 21st May 2015.
6. Dr Sukhila Krishnan had written a Book Chapter for the book named Diverse Applications of Organic-Inorganic Nanocomposites: Emerging Research and Opportunities -IGI GLOBAL PUBLICATION; ISSN:2328-8205.
7. Dr Sukhila Krishnan presented a paper in National Conference (MTADD-2019) on Polylactic Acid/ESO-TPS based blends: Evaluation of mechanical, morphological and biodegradation performance on Oct-3-5.
1) Dr Sukhila Krishnan achieved Young Scientist Award (runner up)in the national conference MTADD-2019
2) Sadguru (the excellent teacher) award instituted by the University of Calicut for the best teacher adjudged on the basis of student-feedback, pass percentage and overall performance.
3) Ms.Jimi K J got Gold Medal Certificate in NPTEL MOOC Course by IIT, Kharagpur, 2018.
Department of Applied Science & Humanities
Main Block, 1st Floor
Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology
Thrissur (Dt), Pin 680684, Kerala State, India
Ph: 0480-2726630 (8 Lines),2759275