Department of Applied Science & Humanities have access to all streams of students irrespective of their branch of specialization. The department helps them in moulding the right attitude towards Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and English . It also imparts training in life skills such as communication skills, soft skills and personality development skills so that the students can face the challenges of the changing world with confidence.
Each discipline the department undertake has its own lab with the latest equipment and software. The department is equipped with competent and enthusiastic faculties ready to adapt themselves with the rapidly changing technical world .
|Sl. No||Faculty Name||No. of papers||Title of the Paper||Journal Details|
|1||NIXON KURUVILA||1||“Parametric Influence and Optimization of Wire-EDM on Hot Die Steel”||Dr. Nixon Kuruvila presented a paper titled “Parametric Influence and Optimization of Wire-EDM on Hot Die Steel” at International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Technology Management. held on April 7-9,2017, Organized by Texas University, USA|
|2||JEMCY ANTONY||Text Book On Differential Equations||“DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS” is a book written based on the syllabus of K.T.U for first year second semester B.Tech students of Kerala.This book is strictly adhered to the syllabus and deal the topic in a simple style without sacrificing the depth and vastness. A number of problems are worked out from each chapter for the better understanding of each topic and for development of application skill.|
|3||V.S.NITHYADAS||Text Book on ENGINEERING PHYSICS||“Engineering Physics” (Revised edition of July 2016) is a book written based on the syllabus of K.T.U for first year B.Tech students of Kerala.This book is strictly adhered to the syllabus and deal the topic in a simple and lucid style without sacrificing the depth and vastness. A number of problems are worked out at the end of each chapter for the better understanding of each topic and for development of application skill. Unsolved problems are also included for the students to practice.|
|4||MATHEWS V JOHN||1||Effect of OEM and After market air filter on vehicle parameters .||Mr. Mathews V J presented a paper on Effect of OEM and After market air filter on vehicle parameters at ICETEST -2015 held at GEC, Thrissur.|
|5||NIXON KURUVILA||1||Mechanical, Automotive and Materials Engineering||Dr. Nixon Kuruvila presented a paper in 13th International Conference on Mechanical Automotive and Materials Engineering organized by the world Academy of Science,Engineering and Technologyat Berlin, Germany on 21stMay 2015.|
Sadguru (the excellent teacher) award instituted by the University of Calicut for the
best teacher adjudged on the basis of student-feedback, pass percentage and
- Engineering physics lab is a well equipped lab of sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology.
- Here students are taught to find the wavelength of monochromatic light like sodium vapour lamp and polychromatic light like Mercury vapour lamp using spectrometer. Using travelling microscope and sodium lamp students are trained to measure the thickness of hair thin metal wire accurately. Students are trained to find the frequency of A tuning fork by melde’s string making them vibrating longitudinal and transverse mode.
- Advanced experiments like optic fibre is offered to students. They find acceptance angle and numerical aperture of optic fibre cable. Finding the wavelength of laser light is yet another experiment.
- Here they find out Filll Factor and efficiency of a solar cell .Using CRO students are trained to find out the amplitude and frequency of a signal by forming lissajous figures. The dispersive and resolving power of a grating is also determined by adopting the instrument of spectrometer.
- Engineering Chemistry Laboratory at Sahrdaya College of Engineering is a state of the art laboratory with a wide range of equipments to cater to the needs of Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technological University’s first yearcurriculum.
- It enables the students to have a hands on training on various topics they study in “Engineering Chemistry” theory course. The lab is designed spaciously and well-ventilated to accommodate a capacity of 3 students at a time.
- The laboratory’s design includes ceramic tiles on all working tables, separate balance room and chemical store room.
- Mechanical Engineering Workshop is a place where students acquire knowledge on the operation of various processes involved in manufacturing and production. The Workshop Practice course makes students competent in handling practical work in engineering environment. Mechanical Engineering Workshop consists of sheetmetal, fitting, carpentry, foundry, smithy and welding workshops.
Events & Activities
Department of Applied Science & Humanities
Main Block, 1st Floor
Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology
Thrissur (Dt), Pin 680684, Kerala State, India
Ph: 0480-2726630 (8 Lines),2759275