Designation:Professor & HOD
Professional Experience: 15 Years
Date of Joining:30-11-2009
Phone: 04802779717, 0480-2726630 – 275
- Dr Ambili Mechoor (Professor and R & D Coordinator, BTE) received a grant of Rs 80,000/- from KSCSTE for conducting a workshop on Advancements in Fermentation Technology in August 2015.
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA – 2003-2004
- Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India, Postdoctoral fellowship-2001- 2003
- attended FDPs on the title ‘Cognition and Transforming Lives’ from Aug-Sept, 2018 and ‘Dairy and Food Process and Product Technology’ from July-Oct, 2018. She also received Elite certification on the courses.
- Mechoor A and Madanan MG (2017). Zymography in Multiwells for Quality Assessment of Proteinases. Methods Mol Biol. 1626:221-228
- Madanan MG and Mechoor A. (2017). Detection and Characterization of Bacterial Proteinases Using Zymography. Methods Mol Biol. 1626:103-114
- K. Sajin, Rahna K Rathnan & Ambili Mechoor (2015). Molecular Docking studies on phytocompounds from the methanol leaf extract of Carica papaya against Envelope protein of dengue virus (type-2). Journal of computational methods in molecular design. 5(2): 1-7
- Rahna K. Rathnan, T. Balasaravanan , Steny Mary Anto , Ancy K. Tony , Anamika P and Ambili. M (2015).Bioconversion of Waste Paper by Co Cultures of Fungi Isolated from Lignocellulosic Waste. International Journal of Current Microbiology and applied science . 4(6): 326-333.
- Rahna. K. Rathnan, Steny Mary Anto, Emilia Babu, Katrin Joseph and Ambili. M (2013). Invitro callus induction from leaves of ipomea turpethum and study of anti-tuberculosis activity of leaves and callus extract. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2(6): 5769-5777.
- Rahna. K. Rathnan, Sangeetha Gopal, Mariya Thomas, Seby Antony, Celine Thomas and Ambili Mechoor (2012). Effective utilization of an aquatic weed Salvinia Molesta as a substarte for the production of Cellulase Enzyme –Eradication through utilization. International Journal of Environmental Sciences. 3(1): 36-43 ( 1.189)
- Rahna K. Rathnan, Francis Jose, Irene Pius, Lamia Sathar, Nihil Jimmy, Shwetha Sasidharan and Ambili Mechoor (2012). Comparative study of antimicrobial activity of leaves and callus extract of ipomea turpethum against antibiotic resistance pathogenic microorganisms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(6): 805-808
- Rahna K Rathnan and Ambili M (2011). Cellulase enzyme production by Streptomyces Sp using fruit waste as substrate. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 5: 1114-1118
- Choi MY, Romer AI, Hu M, Lepourcelet M, Mechoor A, Yesilaltay A, Krieger M, Gray PA, Shivdasani RA. (2006) A dynamic expression survey identifies transcription factors relevant in mouse digestive tract development. Development; 133:4119-4129 (IMPF : 9.162)
- Venkatakrishna.R.Jala, Ambili. M, Prakash V, Appaji Rao N and Savithri HS (2003). Disruption of distal interactions of Arg262 and of substrate binding to Ser52 affects catalysis of sheep liver cytosolic serine hydroxymethyltransferase. Indian J Biochem Biophys 40:226-237 (IMPF : 1.142)
- Appaji Rao N., Ambili, M., Venkatakrishna, R Jala., Subramanya HS and Savithri HS.(2003). Structure–function relationship in Serine hydoxymethyltransferase. Biochim Biophys Acta 1647: 24-29 (IMPF : 4.932)
- Sudhakaran PR, Ambili M, Philip S. (1999) Matrix metalloproteinase in mammary gland remodeling-modulation by glycosaminoglycans. Biosci Rep. Oct; 19(5):485-490. (IMPF : 1.717)
- Ambili M, Sudhakaran PR. (1999) Modulation of neutral matrix metalloproteinases of involuting rat mammary gland by different cations and glycosaminoglycans. J Cell Biochem. May 1;73(2):218-226. (IMPF : 3.075)
- Ambili M, Sudhakaran PR. (1998) Assay of matrix metalloproteinases in substrate impregnated gels in multiwells. Indian J Biochem Biophys. Oct; 35(5):317-320. (IMPF : 1.142)
- Ambili M, Jayasree K, Sudhakaran PR. (1998) 60K gelatinase involved in mammary gland involution is regulated by beta-oestradiol. Biochim Biophys Acta. Jul 24; 1403(3):219-231. (IMPF : 4.932)
- Ambili M, Sudhakaran PR. (1998) 60K gelatinase in involuting rat mammary gland is produced as a 90K proenzyme. Biochem Mol Biol Int. Jun; 45(2):389-399.
- Ambili M, Pillai MR, Sudhakaran PR. (1997) Characteristics of a 60K gelatinase involved in rat mammary gland involution. Indian J Biochem Biophys. Aug; 34(4):347-53. (IMPF : 1.142)
- Invited speaker and participant at National Conference on ‘Biochemistry: Transcending and Integrating Life Sciences (NCBTIL)’ on 17th & 18th January, 2019 at Kristu Jayanthi College, Bangalore.
- Invited speaker and participant at National Seminar on ‘Recent Biochemical approaches in therapeutics- V’ from 23rd-25th January, 2019 at Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala.
- Dr.Ambili Mechoor, Microbial manipulation: a plausible single solution for pollution control and energy crisis. Invited talk New Horizons in Biology. International Symposium at IISc Bangalore July 16th- 17th 2016
- Dr.Ambili Mechoor (Dean, Research) was invited as a chairman of the judging panel for the Inter school Science Symposium held at Crescent public school on the topic ‘Nutritious proteins for a rd Sustainable future’ on December 3
- Dr. Ambili Mechoor attended and handled a session on ‘Cell signaling- a paradigm shift in cancer Biology’ in connection with “UGC sponsored National Seminar on Recent Developments in Cancer Biology” organized by Department of Lifesciences, Pazhassiraja College, Pulpally, Wayanad from 22 – 24th July 2015
- Dr. Ambili Mechoor (Prof & HoD, BTE) delivered an invited talk on “Linking Biochemical Pathways by Molecular Approach” at St. Marys College, Thrissur.
- Attended a training program on ‘Processing and Engineering of Drugs & Pharmaceuticals’ from 10th -14th December, 2018 at GEC, Thrissur.
- Attended a 3 day FDP ‘Self Learning in Educ ation’ organized by our College from 25th to 27th April
- Attended a 3-day workshop in GEC Thrissur organized by KTU on ‘Research Methodology ‘during 29th – 31st July
- Attended a 4 day training program in ‘Self Awareness and Integral Education’ by TPLC at Thiruvananthapuram during 24th – 27th November
- Attended a wokshop by Kerala Technical University on “Visualising Academics Through Research” on the 31st of January.
Dept of Biotechnology