Professional Experience: 15 years
Date of Joining:01/01/2004
Area of Interest: Chemical Engineering
For July 2018-July 2019
Department of Chemical Engineering
Manipal Institute of Technology,
M.I.T is declared as Institute of Eminence by Govt of India.
Sponsored Research Projects/ Industrial Consultancy
- Principal Investigator ; “Nisin as a Biopreservative in Ayurvedic Medicines” – Ongoing project Sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Tech. and Environment
- Principal Investigator ; “Production of Biosurfactant using municipal Waste” – Completed project . Sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Tech. and Environment
- Principal Investigator ; “Effect of Preservatives in Ayurvedic medicines”- Completed project Funded by The Institute of Engineers (India)
- Principal Investigator ; “Ethanol manufacture from Cellulosic waste for motor fuel blending”- Project sponsored by ANERT, India.
- Principal Investigator “Microbial Spoilage of Ayurvedic Kashayam and lehayams “ – Completed Funded by Everest Pharma.
- Co-Investigator “Action of Spheranths Indicus on Kidney Stones” – Completed Project Project funded by Trinity Pharmaceuticals.
- Co-Investigator “Antimicrobial studies of New KAPL® drug” – Completed Project Project funded by Kerala Ayurvedic Pharma Ltd.
- Adjunct Professor –MIT, Manipal
Dept. of Chem. Engg. September 2014-2016
- Professor, Department of Biotechnology,
SCET, Kerala, India. April 2014- to date
- Bioethics & IPR, Downstream Processing, Bioprocess
- Research Activities for students. Counselling
- University course formulator andEvaluator
- Research Coordinator, Care Keralam
KINFRA Park, Koratty. Kerala Sept.2008 – to date
- Co-ordination with research agencies for funding
- Development of policy initiatives with Government
- Looking at IP and patent issues in Ayurveda
- Setting a research agenda for the organization
- Asst.Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SCET, Kerala, India. Dec 2005-2007 : 2008- 2009
- Risk Analyst (India)- Exclusive Analysis, London 2008
- Report and analysis of Indian political scenario
- Risk and forecasting for companies interested in India.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Biotechnology, Thrissur, Kerala, India. 2003- 2005
- Senior Production Engineer, EDL Breweries, India
- Production scheduling, man and material management
- Process parameter testing and control 1997- 2001
- Junior Engineer, Empee Sugars & Chemicals (P) Ltd, Nellore , Andhra Pradesh, India. 1994- 1995
- attended a FDP on the title ‘Innovation,Business models and Entrepreneurship’ from July-Oct, 2018. He was one among the prestigious 5% category.
- Governing Biobanks – What are the challenges? Conference – University of Oxford. Attended as a Fellow with a Wellcome trust bursary covering all expenses. 24th-26th June 2008
- Biomedical Research in China and Europe – The Future of Research Collaborations BIONET Conference of the London School of Economics, on the Ethical Governance of Biomedical research in China. September 3rd to September 6th 2009 .Invited Delegate
- Production and Characterisation of biopreservatives for ayurvedic medicines.Proceddings and paper presented at the 19th Annual Science Congress of the State of Kerala, INDIA University.
- Nisin a Bioprocess Challenge : Best Paper Award at the National Conference for Chemical Engineering & Biotechnology RVCE 2005 , Bangalore.
·”The impact of WTO agreements on TechnicalResearch” Paper presented at the 36th Annual National Convention of the ISTE 2007 at Bennari Amman
University, Tamil Nadu
1.Integration of Traditional knowledge Systems in Global Health: Invited Talk to be delivered at
the European Sociological Association’s Research Network 24 workshop at Helsinki, Finland on October 8-9 2010
2.Mapping the road ahead- Ancient Ayurveda in the TRIPS Invited talk given in the special theme session Intellectual Property Rights and Development: A National Perspective at the 22nd
Department of Biotechnology