To keep up with the changes in higher education, educational Institution must actively engage themselves in the development and implementation of quality benchmarks in all their key performance areas.
Committed to sustain its top ranking position, Sahrdaya College of Engineering & Technology has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2015 to institutionalize the process of quality enhancement and sustenance in all the key areas of its delivery.
The IQAC is acting as the nodal agency entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring total quality management by ushering in innovations leading to achieving excellence and adoption of intervention strategies for monitoring their successful implementation. Ever in quest for excellence, the IQAC functions to assure institutional accountability with probity to all the stakeholders, funding agencies in particular and society as a whole.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance; which would channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality assurance.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.